I love Mailchimp because it’s simple to use and manage it. Probably it’s not the most recommended service existing online to create and send newsletters. Maybe not, but I have been working for three years and I, never, have had a strong problem.
I’m not an Affiliate Marketing. I’m gaining anything writing these few lines of review. I’m only a user satisfied, so this my feedback hasn’t got any interest to sell you this service.
First steps before to start
- open your default browser and go to mailchimp.com
- if you don’t have an account, click on Sign Up Free
- To access, click on the button Log in and insert your credentials
- Once inside the platform, I advice you to review your Account settings
- Click on the dropdown menu on the navigation top with your Username and choose the Account option.
- From Settings tab, select Domain to verify your email sender and improve deliverability. Please check the official documentation here: click to open
Creating your first list
Start creating our first list. Click on Lists on the navigation top and define the fields required to build your first list. Click on the Save button to complete it.
- List Name: define a name to identify it in the future
- Default From Email address : define the email sender
- Default From Name : define the sender name
- Remind people how they signed up to your list : I advice you to insert a short description about your website/activity
- Enable double opt-in?
- Enable GDPR fields?
- Daily summary
- One-by-one Subscribers
- One-by-one Unsubscribed
Once you have completed the first step, you must import the contacts. I recommend you to create an Excel file with a table like the one below (it’s just an example)
Proceed to start the import:
- select Add Contacts menu and click on Import Contacts to start the import process
- choose the option Copy/Paste from file
- Follow with the video tutorial to complete the process.
In the next video, we will show how to create a Mailchimp template before to create a campaign.
Click on the Social icons below to share me with your network. I hope to see you soon. Follow me and leave me a comment, thank you!